Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday April 19th,

So we came to class with our Helvetica and texture studies to hang up and discuss. Some of us had a ton and some of us had a few. I took the previous studies of mine and took Dorians suggestion of distorting it by hand, scanning it in, and then I composed it with the other studies I hand and worked with the textures of it. I was fairly happy with them. I really tried to reflect the look and feel of the environment I chose.





In discussion we each chose a study we enjoyed, and explained why we liked it. It was very useful for the person who made it to get feedback on the expression they were conveying, or if they conveyed it in a way the person who liked it, liked it for. Or, if they understood it in general. It was interesting because it just so happened that people picked studies that directly correlated with the other person who chose theirs! Really funny but didn't work out for the discussion's order sake.

After getting a feel for everyones study and an idea/direction to go with our animation, we were given the option to pick partners to work on this with, or to work by ourselves. Super excited that we could also take this assignment and use any kind of techniques, I teamed up with Cory because he wanted to do the same thing. His studies were very interesting as well so I bet whatever we come up with will be a lot of fun to make, hopefully something cool will come from it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment