Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday, April 5th

So were in the process of designing our process books for WEDU, starting off with our first concept. Over the weekend we were to come up with a grid and with a folio system.

Heading to critique, as usual, we hung our studies on the board and discussed our grid techniques. I had some problems with the way I was setting my header/name/page number. After the critique I took some things away that could help me with redesigning my system: making sure it is an element that won't take away from my book, one where my page number is not the main emphasis, and one that goes along with my grid. Now, these were the general critiques, but after talking with dorian later on, he mentioned to me that I was still in the mindset of designing in a spread format like a magazine. It's cool to do that, but in some cases it may be a one that is distracting, and this is one of those cases since we are designing a book that's primary emphasis is to show off our work. I also placed my system at the top of the page, bad idea apparently and I was told that I needed to use some short of color system for variation rather than black and white. Also after our conversation, we were thinking of was to make a template maybe the future of motion design could use, or where a template was available for anyone to use without much difficulty. I thought of maybe making a motion design logo, especially if other well known majors have their own variation of the Ringling logo then we definitely should!

I have a lot to do this weekend but I know what I want to do for my book: completely redesign it into a simple format that is mated neutral and professional against my work, and one where hopefully there is a newly designed motion design logo. I also plan to head to the farmers market this logo with the 7D I checked out from digital checkout to capture some footage to add into my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment