Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday, Feb. 20th

These motion studies have been a lot of fun to make over the weekend. I wouldn't say this time I was fun in after effects and making the compositions, but actually running into things while I was out and bout and taking videos! There was a lot of surprises that happened this weekend and at each of those times I had my camera ready. For example, late friday I was headed into the labs to find the academic center hosting the annual ligature show. I was so caught up in the previous week I completely forgot about this! I was really excited to stumble upon the show, and while I was there I caught some video footage that resembled one of my still studies from thursday. People kinda got freaked out once they figured out I was recording them but I thought even that reaction was kinda funny. Another surprise was a visit from my mawmaw! That was the best. Overall, great weekend.

Studies




For critique we did it a little bit different. We all emailed Dorian individual comments on each person's study, and apparently we are suppose to receive all of the comments back from the whole class. From the discussion we had in class I was slightly disappointed. I had so much fun making the videos buy the time I worked in the type it was an after thought and I guess it was shown. I didn't realize this until the critique though. I also learned about "continue rasterize" for type in after effects. That made me realize why my illustrator files were bluring my text when I moved it. Really happy to go back into my studies to fix this problem. And it will definitely make them more readable. Without even receiving back everyones comments I already feel like I took something away from this critique. Usually I feel really sleepy and can't wait for coffee., ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment