Sunday, February 12, 2012

Thursday, Feb 9th

This is fun! Okay, so we're getting to a point where we get to incorporate elements other than funky display faces and copy in our work. We get to use elements such as shapes, blocks and bars to make our compostions more complex. I feel that in using these my studies will feel more put together, in a way that gives us context on how they are used.


In making my studies, I felt very comfortable from the experience from the studies I have done in the past. However, I do feel somewhat questionable on making certain moves. Rotating text, using circles, and the incorporation of size, but i'm up for the challenge. I decide to try by best to use the circle, and see what critique has to say about it. I feel that if it is in fact wrong, at least i'll understand once I try it. If it's right, Awesome! I overcame my challenge.

The reading was also very interesting this week. It was our first reading, but a great introduction to reading handouts. This handout was very tricky in it's wording. It played word games with us to help us figure the meaning out in our way, using our own interpretation and background knowledge. It helped me understand graphic design, even in the actual design in the book. It was interesting visually and was thought provoking. Reading: http://beachaus.com/ringling/2012SP/Type2/Parts/JointVenture.pdf


Morning of Thursday:

Coming into class we hang up our studies as usual, and wait for Dorian to come by and mark them. This time, if he marked our paper, we had to state why. This is kinda funny especially because I knew I was already trying to figure out a certain problem with circles and rotation. Hmmm, I have two papers with marks. One is the circle composition and another one isn't. It was kinda tough trying to figure out why Dorian marked it they way he did for others, but I knew why. BUT, turns out I was wrong. Dorian had other problems with it I did not notice. Other people were struggling with their own problems as well but I had some in common with the others:
-size of type in compositions: my case too small, others small and large
-rules, make the ruling similar to other elements on the composition
-rotation
-using circles

No comments:

Post a Comment