Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday, Feb 16th

Last night was very very long as I was trying to finish up all of my work for my classes. Typography took the most time, like always, especially getting lost in all of the images that I could find on the internet.  I wish I would of had time to take my own photos, but the assignment didn't call for that and I had absolutely no time! I plan to actually make my own videos for my motion studies over the weekend though. Videos are difficult to find. Interesting ones defiantly are.

Arriving to school a little early, I chose to print on a different paper this time. Since we are working with color and images, printing on school paper with the lazer printer would take away from my work. I worked so hard I defiantly didn't wanna make the printing something last minute and not thought about.  

CRITIQUE:
We pinned our studies on the board as usual and started. All of us were to go and mark each one, "Fundamentally wrong, Just no, and YES (something is going right here)" Dorian later separated each out into these categories and explained why each one was in the pile, or had us explain because ultimately we were the ones who made the decisions. 

overall class critique:
FUNDAMENTAL/ JUST NO
- will you fight for it?
- title safe/action safe
- contrast
- no frame
- structure
- relation between type and image
YES
- even "yes's" have fundamental problems
- make clear of what you want it to function
- what would you sacrifice if you had this man studies as an art director?
- imagine studies working much better in motion
- let the image be spectacular, get type out of way. OR be more spectacular in the type and make it apart of gorgeous imagery


are you interested in the art or the image?
be more spectacular


No comments:

Post a Comment