Sunday, March 18, 2012

Monday, March 12th

Our first day back in class from Spring Break! It was a nice break but when by entirely too fast. Like I mentioned in my previous post I didn't work on my studies over break, kinda bad considering that I now have to animate 32 compositions before next class. I'm pretty sure it will be okay though, considering I spent the break working on my animation due on friday, mostly so that I could spend the week doing exactly that.
   We spent the day working on our motion studies, after receiving our type book back. I'm glad I decided to wait to do my motion studies over, so that I could incorporate changes dorian suggested in my type book, to make for a better designed animation. I did pretty well on my type book. I made some mistakes, but very few. He gave us a chance to redo our books, AGAIN. I'm deciding to pass up this opportunity so that I can focus on my motion studies. Besides, I am fine with the grade I received and have already worked so hard on them I'm tired of looking at it, ha.

...........

By the end of class I had finished reworking one set of studies and asked Dorian to review them with me. For one he said they were too fast so that was something I needed to go back and fix. He also gave me some suggestions that would help with the both the composition and movement of it, tracking. I didn't think about this and a friend helped show me around the presets in aftereffects to animate the tracking of text. I had never used presets for text before so that was a first. Also the coolest thing happened. Our school's guest speaker Jon Krasner coming to talk and judge the Best of Motion Design show later that week. He was already here visiting and he stopped in our type class, where Dorian made me show my motion study to show what our class was doing. Definately not prepared for that, nor were my studies but I showed them anyways.


For Thursday we are to have a completed reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment