Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday, March 26th

In creating my studies over the weekend I was really inspired by the relation of information and thoughts that occurred...

My History of Graphic Design was one of those. The whole thought process of Modernist era and creating out of anything. EXPLORATION. Being a Rebel. Doing anything to provoke  thought process from others, or on the other hand not even caring and creating just to see what is possible. It's about knowing the rules, but taking that chance to break them in the right way. I'm very excited to go into my next type study. I feel like design makes sense, and it's weird it came to me out of the blue. I guess I stopped listening and became to participate in the ideas of thinking and listening rather than sitting there and being a bystandar. A lot of interesting things are taking place lately, a lot of interesting ideas and  aspects of life that are all coming together and relating...

So in the actual designing of these 4 studies I had fun with it. I started to think about other things rather than the screen. How it would feel, how it would look on different colors and textures of paper. I also designed around the image, or finding images that could work seamless with my design. Also worked with finding images that fit the meaning of copy. Rather than keeping it all in InDesign I took some of the studies and brought them into Photoshop for more editing. When working with the type I made sure I touched everything, I didn't want anything to be auto fixed.

CRITIQUE:
This one was hilarious. Some people did better than others but Dorian's metaphors for critique really kept us intrigued! I was also very happy that my studies were respected. People commented on them and I was really happy.
other notes included basic grid layout. I'm still struggling a little bit with following my grid, but i'm sure i'll get the swing of things. I also forgot to place my darn folio on the page! It might be a little hard to go back in and fix up my studies with my grid and add a folio, when everything is already so set up. And I learned adding a folio is something you're suppose to do in the beginning. We have till next class to turn in revised studies so I have time for the tweaks.


a photo Dorian sent me but shows all the great work from our class!

No comments:

Post a Comment