Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Monday, March 21st

Today we brought in our studies for homework, pinned them on the board, and got ready for critique.

Likely expected, I believe Dorian was disappointed. Not so much disappointed but I believe he kinda knew that this was new to all of us, and that he had a lot of discussion to have with us and well, after class I had a new perspective of this.

Anyways, a lot of points were made. People were designing to get by, resulting in BORING. Some were kinda neat but I can't say anyone was interested in one thing that came out of that class. Not even boring but people were creating their guides and then completely ignoring them! I was a big participant in this one. After designing intuitively for so long with the tons and tons of studies before spring break it was just something I was not use to. I found that many times I was fighting against my grid, resulting in designing in circles trying to get everything to be perfect. I feel like after doing that in my homework assignment I just wanted to never design with grids again and just design it, then through a grid on. YES! After critique I learned that's exactly a great approach, even though I thought it was awful. Design what you want, then take and make it make sense and structured by applying a grid to help follow that was strong, one that supported the design and showed it off. I'm very inspired by critique today and ready to design something work designing. Try to create this boring copy and placement through in interesting way.

We're to do the same thing for next class, now through the integration of imagery. Let's see...



No comments:

Post a Comment